Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vintage Cruiser....YES Please!


Are you stuck inside during this freezing blizzard that has seemingly taken over the majority of this country?  For those of you out there in the world living in places and currently enjoying warm sunny weather...I am beyond envious of you!  So, since the weather has decided to play jokes on me and is now in the single digits; I'm snuggled up and dreaming of warm sunny days and vintage beach cruisers!

I think one could be my perfect accessory!  Some girls like tiny dogs to carry around in bags, I want a vintage bike!  It would be perfect on a beach, in the Tuscan countryside, or at a cafe patio-side.  Even if I didn't get to ride it I would enjoy just looking at it!  Oh yes, it would go everywhere with me and we would be the bestest pals!  However, this is also what I said when I was 11 and tried to convince my mom to buy me a horse.  I thought at the time my main arguments were rock solid.  However, upon further evaluation there may have been some kinks in my plan.  I told her she would save time daily by not running carpool because my horse would take me and would be just fine tied up outside of school.  I also said if she would get me this horse I wouldn't need a car when I was 16.  THANK the LORD this was one wish I was not granted.  My 16 year old self is very, very thankful!

Vintage cruisers came into popularity in the 30's and 50's, and I believe that when anyone rides one they instantly feel as if they are in the movie Shag or The Notebook (some of my favorites)!  So, as I sit here daydreaming I'm thinking how wonderful it would be to ride my bike with my family on a sweet and sunny day with a picnic in tow, as well as one of our fabulous retro tablecloths so all park-goers could marvel at our swankiness!

Here are a few sites I found with my loves!

Retro cruiser bicycles



Velorbis




Republic Bike

8 comments:

  1. I love beach cruisers... I looked for vintage bikes for me and the hubby but had no luck. We opted for Huffy Beach Cruisers... I wrote a post about our new rides too... http://adesignstory.com/going-rogue/#more-3176

    Love your blog & store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beach cruisers... I looked for vintage bikes for me and the hubby but had no luck. We opted for Huffy Beach Cruisers... I wrote a post about our new rides too... http

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beach cruisers... I looked for vintage bikes for me and the hubby but had no luck. We opted for Huffy Beach Cruisers... I wrote a post about our new rides too... http

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you guys share my love of vintage cruisers! Thank you for sharing your blog with us, it is awesome! The Huffy Beach Cruiser is great, I adore it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked for vintage bikes for me and the hubby but had no luck. We opted for Huffy Beach Cruisers...
    beach cruiser bikes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cruiser is what happens when you mix a classical-styled bicycle with a vibrant color pallet Hermosa Beach.
    cruiser Bicycle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avoid leaving your beach cruiser out in the rain or outside overnight if dew is a possibility for the next morning.
    bicycle fender

    ReplyDelete
  8. The in the Barrel3-speed geatures a simple-minded color scheme with a complex geometric frame design to form the utopia of cruisers Comfort Bikes.
    Colorado

    ReplyDelete