Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tea Towel Tuesday

I'm sitting here, trying to figure out how to start this post. I wanted to write about the devastation in Japan, but how do I write about something that is so terrible?  I can't even wrap my brain around it.  I, like most of you, I'm sure, have been reading and researching the internet for how to help. There are many sites out there. The Huffington Post has a great article on how to help. They even included an organization to help aid in animal rescue. Follow these links to find out how you can help:




You can also help just by shopping. These hand, screen-printed tea towels from Kalla are beautiful and she's donating 10% of her sales to Tsunami & Earthquake Relief. The designer, Hitomi Kimura, lives in Japan and is safe but wants to help. Hitomi writes:

Thank you so much for all your warm and thoughtful messages regarding the devastating disaster. My family and I survived and now all our thoughts are for the people who are still waiting for help. 

*** I will donate 10% of the sales from this Etsy shop towards the recovery of severely damaged areas. This applies to the sales made from now on and while this message is shown here. ***



1 comment:

  1. wonderful! thanks for all the great information-and of course, the tea towels! xo

    ReplyDelete