Monday, July 11, 2011

Guest Blogger- THE NOW Stylebook

Going for the Gold

Hi friends!  It’s Annie from THE NOW Stylebook.  I’m thrilled to be guest-blogging on House 8810… my favorite stop for fun and whimsical finds. 

For those of you who have stopped by THE NOW before, you’re well aware that I have an obsession for all things glam.   Whether it’s my for living room or my wardrobe, I’m always looking for new ways to introduce a new element of glamour. 

So what’s my latest  “gotta have it, can’t live without it” find?  Gold flatware.  And let me just tell you, I am SO in love with it, that I’m using it in my upcoming wedding.   There’s just something so fabulously unexpected about it that appeals to me.  Here are some gorgeous examples that inspired me to go for the gold.   



Of course, I do believe one has to be careful when using gold (of any sort) in design.  One wrong turn and your tablescape will look like it’s from the set of a bad 80s soap opera.   BUT – when displayed with the right corresponding colors, gold flatware will most certainly give off a fabulous warm glow.

Get the look here…




     1.)  Oneida
     2.)  Mepra
     3.)  Royal Crest 
     4.)  Walker 
     5.)  Anthropologie 
     6.)  Carleton Varney 

Thanks to House 8810 for having me, and I hope you’ll come visit me at THE NOW



xoxo Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment